In telling powerful stories, our NewCampus class host Laura Francois is uniting leaders in startups, nonprofits and governments to take collective action against climate change.
Laura, who is also the Co-Founder of The Spaceship, is on the mission to make sustainability an indispensable part of businesses. Laura believes in the influence that our shared love for stories can have over our beliefs, thoughts, and actions.
In her workshop titled “Persuasive Storytelling”, colearners can expect to learn practical storytelling tools and techniques for leaders to inspire others and drive change.
Why does storytelling matter?
Storytelling will not only put yourself or your brand in better light, it can also be significantly more memorable than putting out facts about yourself or your company.
Your audience may not remember what you have said, but they will remember how you made them feel.
Stories are especially effective because:
- It's a versatile method that can be applied to advertising to exhibitions to social impact campaigns
- They allow us to humanise difficult issues and foster empathy that leads to action
- They connect you with your audience; as Simon Sinek says: “People don’t buy what you do; they buy why you do it. And what you do simply proves what you believe.”
What you’ll learn in this class
In her workshop on persuasive storytelling, colearners will learn how to:
- How to think holistically about storytelling and experiment with creative narratives
- How to create a compelling message that speaks to your stakeholders
- How to translate data into a narrative that fulfills your purpose
Sign up here to join Laura's class on Persuasive Storytelling, part of a 4-class series in our Persuasion learning track.