- Future of APAC’s retail industry, supercharged by data
- Pride month: mental health on LGBTQ+ youth
- NC Team picks: Conquering self doubt; China’s bitcoin crackdown
- We’re hiring; join the NewCampus team
🛒 AI and big data fuel APAC’s retail industry
- APAC is propelling the retail industry, generating three-quarters of global growth - In China and other parts of Asia, retail is leapfrogging development stages that the US and Europe once toiled through. Crucially, APAC retailers are prioritising action in winning digital engagement, supply chain resilience, and mastering the last mile. [Bain & Company]
- Supercharged by big data - More retailers and eCommerce—from Alibaba to Amazon—are applying insights from big data and machine learning to their business, from optimising pricing strategy and supply chains, to personalising the customer experiences and predicting spending and demand. [Shopify, Yodlee]
- Why is now the time for AI? - Four enablers are currently driving the exponential adoption of AI across the retail industry: data availability, advances in hardware, the development of machine learning tools, and the rise of AI-first organisations. [Deloitte]
- Future of tech-enabled retail - By end 2021, 77% of retailers plan to use AI. Looking ahead, the reliance on AI is set to grow even further, and retailers need to be ready to learn, share and adopt best practices in order to keep up with shifting consumer demands. [Google]
🏳️🌈 Celebrating Pride Month: fighting for equality
- Mental health impact on LGBTQ children - Pride Month is almost over, but that doesn’t mean parents should stop acknowledging and celebrating the LGBTQ+ experience and be intentional about integrating LGBTQ+ culture within their families.
- Keep the conversation alive beyond Pride Month - As LGBTQ+ communities worldwide are facing more stigma and discrimination during the pandemic, it’s important to keep supporting and fighting for LGBTQ rights, eradicate discrimination and encourage equality.