Hey there, thanks for tuning in. This newletter is holding space for NewCampus updates thick and thin. Read on for developments about our programs, products and team.
We’ve been talking to SEA business and tech leaders about culture realignment for next year. The big cuts have long been made (one time or a few), we’re operating as efficiently as we can, we’ve told investors profitability is close, and some of us are even hiring again!
But how are our people really doing? More than a few are probably still navigating a new business direction, losing colleagues, or unexpected role changes. If your job includes looking after people, or looking after people who look after people, this is likely still top of mind for you. Scroll down to see how to join us in group conversation about this at our first community town hall! But if you’d prefer a 1:1 conversation with us, reply to this email and let me know.
— Eddy Chan (Head of Product)
We’re closing 2023 with a Community Townhall 🏛️
Gather with Southeast Asia’s people-first tech leaders
and close the year meaningfully. Together we will:
- Reflect on the past year, and set intentions for talent and culture alignment in 2024
- 👀 Review 2023 for NewCampus & update you on what’s coming up next (seachange, Open Campus Accelerator, new program proposals, how can you help?)
- 🖐️ Do a “big high five” for one last time this year
📅 Thu Dec 14, 5PM Singapore, Manila | 4PM Jakarta, Bangkok
👉 RSVP here!
Building NewCampus 🏛️
I sat down with Siska (NewCampus Community/Content team) to share more about our jourrney building out the NewCampus line of programs, products and services. We’ve always had an MVP mindset and started off by building workshops on the fly with a small team. Fast forward, we have a specialised in-house team designing programs with intention. Find out about:
- Our approach of including the community in our programme design process
- How we expanded our offering to go after our mission
- Why we believe scalability matters
Full interview here!
The future is already at work 💖
Spotlighting clients (and friends) at the intersection of scaling companies and people around SEA
- ONE Esports is Asia’s largest championship esports series, and a top 5 global esports website that reaches millions of visitors every month. Together with ONE Championship, ONE employs over 500 people building a media platform broadcasting to 150+ countries around the world.
- In recent years, ONE built a very geographically dispersed workforce across Asia, in a wide spread of teams and functions. This diversity in roles also brought different perspectives, and expectations for leadership styles, and ONE Esports wanted to improve collaboration culture through the company’s growth and change.
- ONE Esports’ HR team chose to partner with NewCampus to enrol team leads from different functions into Management Essentials public cohorts. They were exposed to other team leads from different companies on a similar path, and learnt about their leadership styles and working cultures, This solution helped ONE Esports team leads broaden their perspective on leadership and culture, and ultimately helped the company develop a more open-minded cultural vision.
- Read more about how meeting team leads from other companies through intercompany cohorts helped ONE Esports improve their culture of regional teams collaborating
Have a great few weeks ahead, and we’ll see you in the next issue!